Can you believe it? February is here already. I love the month of February.
January has come and gone and we have been really busy. Our school year is moving right on schedule and we are more than half way done. We've been working really hard on our character studies. Last month we did "Contentment" and we learned all about being happy with what we have. Our memory verse for last month was "1Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain". We also are almost done with our shepherd study (Psalm 23). That study is one that we have been struggling to continue, But it now looks like we are making some progress.
This is what we have planned for school this month.
Our Character trait for the month is Tenderhearted
Tenderhearted means being strong enough to feel the joys and hurt of others.
Our memory verse is Ephesians 4:32 "and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as God in Christ forgave you".
Reading- Progressive Phonics and Easy Readers
• Little Man – Book 11, Read out loud daily
• Little Mama – Book 6 as well as reviews of short vowel sounds, read out loud daily
• Baby Girl - review letters and start on blending 2 letters together
We will be reading and acting out Luke 7:11-17
Math - Math U See
• Little Man - Beta Lessons 21-24
• Little Mama - Alpha Work on reviewing addition facts 2 and 9
• Baby Girl – Number Review, color Review, shape Review
Handwriting and Copy work
• Little Man - Copy memory verse as well as daily dictations
• Little Mama - Review Upper and Lower Case Letter
• Create written notes and cards for friends and family as a way to show our love for them.
We will try to wrap up our Shepherd Study notebook
Science And Other Hands-on Activities
• In the kitchen with Mama
• Create cards for this month
• Finish off our Psalm 23 shepherd study
• Enjoy coming up with different ways to show each other some love.
We are starting to feel "the end of the year drag" already. I need to come up with a game plan and fast. The kids are all working very hard and I am so impressed. I've promised them something different this month and I have to deliver. So for now my question to you is How do you make learning fun without dragging around until June?