Make JAM of course.
Here is how I make Star Fruit Jam.
- Wash your glass canning jars and lids in hot soapy water and prepare them for the canner.
- Wash and prepare your fruit
3. Cut up your fruit and remove all seeds
4. In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine your chopped starfruit,, lemon juice, pectin and stir until all of the pectin has dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. After 1 minute of boiling add the sugar to the pot all at once. Return to full boil and stir constantly for 4 minutes.
5. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4inch head space. Cover jars with cleaned lids and bands. Place jars in canner and bring to a boil and process for ten minutes.
Store your jars, give them as gifts and enjoy.
Star Fruit jam is so yummy. It looks like orange marmalade, has a citrusy smell and taste unbelievable. We now have jars of star fruit jam stored away to enjoy with some home-made biscuits, bread, on top of yogurt, oatmeal or even as a topping for ice cream.