Sunday, December 30, 2007

Who Are We?

O.K. here we go,,
This is my very 1st entry on this blog. I don't really know where to begin but I thought I should start by introducing myself and my family.

Hi, I am a homeschooling mama of 3 wonderful and beautiful children ages 6 1/2, 5 and 1. I am married to the best husband ever. We've been married since 2000. We've been homeschooling pretty much from the start. Our style of homeschooling falls somewhere in between structured and unschooling. I do have plan goals that I've laid out ahead of time but I do not follow a specific boxed curriculum. I'm what some would call a "fly by the seat of your pants" homeschooler.
We are a bi-lingual household. We speak both english and haitian creole. We try to keep a lot of our haitian culture alive in our home. It's not easy but it is very do-able.
This blog will serve as a daily record of our homeschooling as well as a journal for my constant thoughts, ideas and lists.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or two. I look forward to meeting and making new online friends.

No comments: