Today we started a new unit study. Our new topic is "dental health". I'm planning to turn this unit study into a lapbook about teeth and healthy eating.So far we got a lot accomplished .
- We watched a short 10 minute video entitled "Please take care of your teeth". We checked out this video from the resource library. We get to borrow it for 2 weeks.
- We read 2 books about the dentist and how they help us take care of our teeth.
- We looked in each other's mouths and counted how many teeth we had.
- We played with a pair of rubber teeth and Identified and discussed which teeth are the molars and what they are used for.
- We then looked in each other's mouths again and counted our molars.
Other than that It was your typical Monday, chores, chores and more chores. A mother's work is never done.