Sunday, November 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

I love this weather, Last night it was finally cold enough to use the thick covers......

It's been so amazingly busy around here lately. I wish there was more hours in the day.......

I must get back to a good sleeping pattern. I'm a night owl and can easily be up until 2:oo AM every night of the week.......

Mornings are so slow for me. Most mornings around here start at 10. Maybe if I went to sleep at a decent time then I could wake up earlier and get more done.... What a concept...............

I need to start making Holiday plans, Advent is quickly approaching......................

Baby Boy celebrated his 1st Birthday last month, I still can't believe that we have had him a whole year already. How times fly...........................

We have made a lot of progress in the hair department lately. The girls are no longer afraid of getting their hairs done and we have all been learning a lot about our hairs and how to best care and style it. They now love to get their hair done and are using words live curly, soft, long and moist to describe their hair................

Speaking of hair I have been transitioning from my relaxed hair back to my natural texture for almost 7 months now. It's been been fun for the girls to see and I've had to answer a lot of questions about why I relaxed my hair in the first place instead of wearing it curly and natural. I'm learning a lot about myself................

I love my girls, they can be a handful most of the time but they are so real and unashamed of who they are and how God made them. I love that even though they are so young they are very confident in their own skin ....... I had to learn those lessons for myself a long time ago and I always worried about how I would teach my daughters to love and see themselves as the princesses that God created them to be. I can see now that I didn't have to worry about such things. My confidence in myself has helped them to be confident in themselves...........

Our family is very musical, we love to sing and dance and create music. There is always someone singing and humming in the background or putting on a show. Music helps us feel more alive. One of the songs that everyone is loving right now is Willow Smith's Whip My Hair. It is so fitting for our home. I will share with you now a video of the kiddos rocking out, I hope you get a kick out of it too......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go everyone that was great! Even baby boy is steady on his feet at one. I Loved it. Thanks for letting me know about the video little man. - from Aunty

Angie said...

too funny :-) great watching you guys get down...

Thanks for sharing little man. Maybe you can help me keep my blog up to date :-)

Micka said...

Anytime Mrs. Angie! Thanks for checking us out

Mike and Katie said...

Baby boy is so funny! When I first watched Willow's video I was amazed by the neck snapping. There's no way I could do that without serious neck injury. I sure hope they stretched first. :)

I'd love to hear more about your hair journey and decision to straighten and then go natural. We recently watched Chris Rock's Good Hair. I remember being appalled at these young little girls getting "kiddy perms" and being exposed to such harsh chemicals as such a young age.

Until I remembered how young I was when I got my first perm. Of course, my mom was trying to make my hair curlier. Funny paradox.

Micka said...

Baby boy cracks me up with his head rocking back and forth.

I will have to do a post about my hair journey very soon, I'll start working on that.