Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things (Little Man's edition)

Hi everyone this is Little Man here to share with you some of my favorite thing.
To start with I am loving the Magic School Bus books and videos. If you have never heard of this series be sure to check them out over at
www.scholastic.com/magicschoolbus and on qubo T.V. network.

Next up is one of my favorite You Tube videos www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4 . I love the way this guy did this video. My dad says the song is all about the different movies that John Williams made, but the only thing I know about John Williams is that he help create the Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Star Wars characters. I've tried to keep up with the video but it is too hard.

Lastly I would like to tell you about my favorite Magazine. It is called Lego Club. My mom ordered it on line for me from www.legoclub.com. It was free. It comes every 2 months and is full of fun things to read and do.

Thank you for reading about some of my favorite things lately. I would love to know what some of your favorite things are. Please leave a comment and tell me all about it. My mom will help me check it out.
That's all for now,
Little Man

5 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

I used to watch Magic School Bus when my boys were little. The one that stick in my mind is when they went inside the human body. Amaing handiwork of God!

Mike and Katie said...

Hi Mama,

I just wanted to send you a note about the lego magazine. We got that for many years. It still shows up; I can't seem to get rid of it. I used to think it was great for giving the kids ideas, but it really built a lot of coveting and materialism.

It also featured popular movies and things that I thought were spiritually unsettling. One issue had a very large head that looked like a demon. I think it was connected with Star Wars. There were also a lot of images and products surrounding Harry Potter.

At first, I thought Legos were so great and so creative but that was the only thing they asked for for Christmas and played with them constantly. I would have like them to get a little bored so they would be more willing to try new things.

If I had my way, there would be no Legos in the house for the little girls but Amanda found a box of Tony's Legos and is already fascinated with them. Oh, well. Maybe we'll keep a few.

Micka said...

Katie, I hear you about the legos. We have very strict guidelines about the magazine. I read it first and I will pull out any pages that I see unfit. But most of the time I leave the magazine as is and use those things such as harry potter and star wars as points of conversations between us. Little man is very understanding and he has a good understanding of what it expected of him. He knows about advertisment and it's purpose and how we will not be moved by them.
He loves to read the magazine and he knows better then to start asking for any new charecters he may have seen. we do not purchase charecter toys for the kids and we try to teach them that any toy that tells you how to play with it is not very good and doesn't leave room for the imagination. I will keep my eyes open for signs of coveting. We also do not give our kids the option of of asking for gifts. I'm sure that little man might like to have more legos but for now he has enough and he knows we do not plan on buying more. He prefers to read. draw, play and make up stories more than playing with any certain toys.

Micka said...

Katie, I used to watch Magic school bus too when I was growing up and I still find them very cool. A lot of their facts a off but the story lines are always very exciting.

Mike and Katie said...

We struggled with grandparents and aunties asking the kids directly what they wanted for Christmas. It was frustrating and I struggled with how to respond. Thankfully, my side of the family has agreed to stop exchanging gifts so that's a relief. We'll see how things are different with this next batch of kids.