There are a lot of advantages to making jam yourself.
- you get to control how much sugar goes in it
- you can buy the fruits when they are in season and on sale
- it taste so much better than store bought
The ingredients needed to make your own blueberry jam are
Blueberries, sugar, pectin, lemon juice, and a little water
- wash all your equipments properly
5. put your berries in a pot and bring to a boil along with a little water, sugar, pectin and lemon juice
6. Stir constantly
7. once ready put you jam in the prepared containers and preserve in water bath
8. Taste and enjoy your creation
We had a lot of fun making jam in Mama's kitchen. I really hope that you will give it a try. I can promise you that once you've had home made jam you will never want anything else.
For more detail instructions you can visit http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberryjam.htm