Here is how the month of July will look for us:
Character Trait Study for this month is
- Attentive- listening with the ears, eyes, and heart
Memory Verse is Proverbs 4:20, 21 - "My son, give attention to my words, incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes, keep them in the midst of your heart".
Reading (Progressive Phonics - Reading Reviews);
- Little Man- Review books 6-9, Read out loud daily
- Little Mama- Review books 1-5, read out loud daily
- Baby Girl- Review 1st 10 letters and sounds (upper case)
Math- (Math U See)
- Little Man- Review Addition Facts 0-9, start Beta book lessons 1-3
- Little Mama- Review math u see blocks, start Alpha lessons 1-3
- Baby Girl- Review numbers (1-3), colors (red, blue), shapes (circles, triangle, and stars)
Writing and Copywork
- Little Man- Copy memory verse as well as daily dictations
- Little Mama- Review upper and lower case letters
- We will also start creating the covers for our Haitian Creole and Character Notebooks.
Science and Other Hands on Activities
- M&M experiment
- In the kitchen with mama making Popcorn, butter, and lots of other goodies.
This is just an overview of what we hope to accomplish this month. We might or might not get a chance to do it all.
We will continue to work on our memory verse as a family and to take part in different activities that will help us to better understand what it truly means to be attentive.
Have you started schooling yet? If so, what are some of your plans for the month of July?