Saturday, January 12, 2008

Late Night Geography Lesson

It was 9:30 at night, way past their bed time but, little man and little mama wanted to stay up. We first read 2 stories and then they followed daddy and I around the house a little and then decided to go in the office and keep themselves busy. When I went in the office to check on them this was what they were doing.


They were working together and doing a pretty good job of putting together one of the puzzles I picked up at from the local thrift store. This puzzle of the U.S.A. only cost me 25 cents and all the pieces are there.




They used the map on the wall as a guide. (that map cost me 75 cents at the same thrift store) and before you know it they were done. They successfully put the puzzle together and they did it together.

Look at those smiling faces. Who said that learning has to take place between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. I really love the freedom that homeschooling allows. I love it that the kids get to do and learn at their own pace and I especially love how close and loving they are to each other.

No comments: