Wow its November already. Soon the holidays will be upon us and I am so excited. We are currently still on track with schooling this year and that is rare for us.
This month is going to be a busy one. Lucky for us this is the time of year when we start to slow down and spend even more time doing activities as a family. Papa is spending much of this month off from work and we couldn't be happier. We all need a vacation. Lately we have been seeing less and less of Papa but that is going to change. He will only be working 8 days this month. Can you feel the excitement?
Much of our time will be spent enjoying each other and having fun.
We will still be schooling this month. Here is how the month of November will look like for us.
Character Trait Study for this month is Thankfulness
Thankfulness means being grateful and saying so
Memory Verse – 1Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”
We will re-read the story of Mary washing Jesus’ feet and memorize Psalm 100:4
Reading- Progressive Phonics and Easy Readers
• Little Man – Book 11, Read out loud daily
• Little Mama – Book 6 as well as reviews of short vowel sounds, read out loud daily
• Baby Girl - review letters T,U,V (upper case)
Math - Math U See
• Little Man - Beta Lessons 13-16
• Little Mama - Alpha Lessons 8 and 9 , continue working on Addition lapbook from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/
• Baby Girl – Number7,8,9, color orange and yellow, shape rectangle and heart
Handwriting and Copy work
• Little Man - Copy memory verse as well as daily dictations
• Little Mama - Review Upper and Lower Case Letter
• work on making greeting cards for next month
We will continue working on our Character Study notebook
Science And Other Hands-on Activities
• In the kitchen with Mama
• Create cards for next month
• Finish off our Psalm 23 shepherd study
• Enjoy having Papa home all month
Well that's what we have planned for this month.
What are you doing and how is the school year going so far? Until next time bye...